Happy Valentine’s Day! Here’s some sugar. I may or may not have eaten 20% of the dough prior to baking these. It was too good. And it’s egg-free which means I could’ve eaten the whole bowl but I figured I’d bake just a few instead.
- 3/4 cup Earth Balance (or other vegan butter-substitute), softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tsp Ener-G Egg Replacer
- 4 Tbsp warm water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Cream together Earth Balance and sugar until smooth.
2. In a separate and smaller bowl, mix together thoroughly the Ener-G Egg Replacer with the water. Add the egg replacer and vanilla in to the bowl with the Earth Balance and sugar.
3. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Cover the dough loosely with plastic wrap and keep it in the refrigerator for an hour to chill.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
6. Loosely flour a counter top surface and roll the dough out with a rolling pin. Use your favorite heart-shaped cookie cutter to create shapes. Lay the cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
7. Bake for 6-8 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
Yields: 30 cookies
Adapted from: allrecipes.com