Vegetables are beautiful. Compare this image to the following items: Twinkies, chicken nuggets, Coke, mashed potatoes… It’s crazy that people find these foods delicious when visually they are so admittedly bland and unappealing. I love including a wide range of colors in my meals. With fruits and vegetables, this task is easy to accomplish. With a meat and potatoes diet… not so much. I love making roasted veggies because I can throw bite-size pieces of veggies into a pan, stick it in the oven, and then eat. Easy enough.
Italian Roasted Vegetables
- 4 cups of fresh vegetables, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp basil
- 1/2 Tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
1.Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Drizzle olive oil over vegetables in a pan
3. Put vegetables in the oven and set the timer for 20 minutes.
4. Stir the veggies halfway through.
5. With five minutes remaining, add all spices and mix well in the pan.Return pan to oven until timer is up.