I went to Bloomington last weekend for Easter and made lettuce wraps with my mom. Eating Chinese food and celebrating Easter just seems to go hand in hand for most people, right? They tasted delicious and turned out very close to PF Chang’s lettuce wraps. I have since found a couple other recipes for the wraps that are supposedly exactly like the real thing. However, this is super easy to make and it fixes the cravings.
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 Tbsp ginger
- 1/2 block of tofu, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups mirepoix-style veggie mix (diced carrots, white onion, celery)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 3 Tbsp teriyaki sauce (Trader Joe’s Island Soyaki sauce is highly recommended)
- 1 tsp veggie bouillon
- 3 heads Boston lettuce
- 1 lime for garnish
1. Heat oil in pan over high heat.
2. Combine garlic, tofu, mirepoix mix, green onions, garlic, and water chestnuts in the pan. Cook about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the teriyaki sauce and veggie bouillon.
4. Separate the leaves of the Boston lettuce.
5. Fill each leaf with the mixture.