Do you ever go in the kitchen not knowing what to make and end up putting mac n cheese on taco shells? Apparently I do it too. I made vegan cheese and mixed it into quinoa. After tasting it, I realized it belonged on a taco shell. Surprisingly, the crunch of the shell worked perfectly with the smooth and creamy texture of the mac n cheese.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/5 block firm or extra firm tofu
- 1/2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup Earth Balance, softened
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions.
2. Combine remaining ingredients in a blender until smooth. Add water as needed to smooth out the consistency.
3. Mix cheese sauce into quinoa. Eat the mac n cheese like a normal person or put it on taco shells for fun change of pace.
Yields: 3 servings