When I first started out in the kitchen, I changed the rules everyday when it came to cooking. I substituted ingredients and changed measurement sizes in literally every recipe I made. Most of the time, I didn’t even used a recipe. But with baking, it was a different story. I was intimidated since baking needs to follow exact measuring, timing, and ingredients. However, now I’m crawling out from behind this conservative approach. I’ve already experimented enough with “veganizing” non-vegan recipes and now I’m ready to just make stuff up. So here’s my late night “let’s throw random stuff in a bowl and hope it tastes like muffins” recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance or other vegan butter spread
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate almond milk
- 1 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients together in separate bowls.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix thoroughly.
4. Divide batter evenly into paper liners.
5. Bake for 35 minutes.