It’s a good day for a hearty bowl of black bean chili. I added some kale and couscous to the chili and topped it with croutons. It’s freezing here so chili is a good choice for this time of year in the Midwest. The Super Bowl took place in Indy last year and it was unforgettable. There is nothing quite like experiencing it first hand. It won’t be the same this year without having the game in town but this chili will help me get over it.
- 1/2 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 can of veggie black bean chili or two cups of your favorite homemade chili
- 1 cup of kale, shredded into smaller pieces
- 2 Tbsp of croutons (check ingredients for dairy products)
1. Bring a 1/2 cup of water to boil. Add couscous, stir, and remove from heat. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
2. Heat a can of veggie black bean chili over the stove or prepare your own. Allow it to heat through completely.
3. Add in the kale and cook until it is soft and darker in color.
4. Combine the couscous in with the chili and kale.
5. Serve immediately and top with vegan croutons.
Ahh, Super Bowl last year…