I deactivated my Facebook a couple months ago. I thought it would help me waste less time online. The time that I used to spend on Facebook, now goes toward Pinterest. Oh, well… but at least I’ve found some fun things on Pinterest. For example, I found this recipe for blueberry biscuits. I’ve had plain biscuits plenty of times but never tried them with fruit thrown in. I think I will have to put fruit in every time now. It almost makes the biscuits healthier or at least I can keep telling myself that.
- 5 Tbsp of Earth Balance butter or other vegan butter substitute
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup soy or almond milk, chilled
- 3 oz of fresh blueberries
1. Place the vegan butter in the freezer for one hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
3. Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
4. Pour the milk into the flour mixture and stir together.
5. Add the blueberries and frozen butter. Spread the butter evenly through the dough.
6. Flour a surface and roll out the dough to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
7. Cut out the biscuits using a biscuit cutter or cookie cutter.
8. Place biscuits on an ungreased pan.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Yields: 12 biscuits
Adapted from: KenKatschke.com