Both of my kittens love to eat but Cricket is especially fascinated with food. He literally begs for food when he sees me eating anything and he growls at Mittens if he thinks his brother is getting too much to eat. I made this spicy tofu dish the other day and Cricket perched on my shoulder the entire time as I ate it. I let him have a couple licks of the plate afterward and now I think he likes spicy Asian food as much as he likes salmon. Weird cat.
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 1 tsp Thai chili garlic paste
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 small red onion
- 1 package (14 oz) of extra firm tofu, drained and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp ginger and garlic Asian seasoning mix
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ear of corn
- 1/2 of a small avocado cut into small pieces
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the red curry paste, Thai chili garlic paste, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Bring ingredients to a boil and reduce heat to low so that the sauce is simmering.
2. Chop the onion and cook in the sauce until translucent (roughly 5 minutes).
3. Add the tofu to the skillet and cook until brown on all sides.
4. Season with Asian seasoning mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Boil corn in salted water and remove when it is tender. Slice the corn kernels off and add to the skillet. Garnish with avocado and serve immediately.
Yield: 2-3 servings