I can’t believe it is almost October. Soon I’ll be waking up in the dark, running in the snow, and eating frozen corn. The frozen corn part probably hurts the most. I’ve had corn at almost every meal this summer and this may be my last “fresh Indiana corn” dish for a while. I have to make it count!
- 1/2 of an avocado
- 10 grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of cooked corn kernals
- 1/2 cup of cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup of chopped white onion
- Juice from 1/4 of a medium-sized lemon and 1/4 of a medium-sized lime
- 1 Tbsp of your favorite balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing (I love Annie’s Natural)
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Cut avocado and grape tomatoes into bite-size pieces. Combine all ingredients and coat thoroughly with juices, dressing, and salt & pepper.
Yields: 1 serving