This is the first time I’ve had brownies turn out tasting as good as non-vegan brownies. Ok maybe even better than non-vegan. Vegan baked goods often crumble and fall apart easily and I am amazed that these don’t do that. They are rich, chocolately and dare I say, moist. I know, I know, I hate that word too but it fits! I initially made this batch of brownies without chocolate chips in it. I love chocolate so I knew the extra chocolate that comes with adding in chocolate chips would definitely make this recipe amazing. I am not a big fan of walnuts but if you like them, then you can include these too!
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat Earth Balance, sugar, apple sauce and vanilla until fluffy.
3. Combine dry ingredients and add them to the Earth Balance mixture until well blended.
4. Fill an 9 x 9 metal pan with brownie mixture.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Use the toothpick test to confirm that it is done.
Yields: 16 brownies
Adapted from : Chocolate Chocolate Cookies