I love pancakes almost as much as I love chocolate. Of course, chocolate chips mixed into pancake batter is almost the best thing ever. I have gotten to the point, for better or worse, where I always have a bag of vegan chocolate chips around. I seriously never know when I am going to need them. I might need them in brownies, soy ice cream, or straight out of the bag (my preferred method of consumption). I like a quick and easy pancake recipe so that I am not waiting too long in the mornings for breakfast. This batter is simple to whip up and can even be made the night before.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 3 Tbsp Earth Balance, softened
- 1/4 cup mini vegan chocolate chips (I love using Enjoy Life)
1. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, white sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon.
2. Create a well in the center of the bowl and pour in soy milk, apple sauce, Earth Balance, and chocolate chips. Mix together thoroughly.
3. Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium heat. Dispense batter into pan using a 1/4 measuring cup for each pancake and cook pancakes until lightly browned on each side.
Yields 8 servings (about 16 medium-sized pancakes)
Adapted from: Good Old Fashioned Pancakes