I’ve had a slight obsession with cucumbers since childhood. I ate a cucumber and cheese sandwich everyday at school. I think my mom could probably make those sandwiches while blindfolded. She easily made well over 2,000 of them over the course of 13 school years. Now, as an adult and avid cheese-replacer, I am loving the discovery of cucumber avocado sandwiches. These are still just as crisp, flavorful and British as my old classic.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped mint
- 2 Tsbp fresh chopped dill
- 12 slices of white bread
- 1 small cucumber, very thinly sliced
1. Combine the avocado, lemon juice, and salt into a food processor. Process until smooth. Add the cucumber, mint and dill. Process until there are as few chunks as possible.
2. Spread the avocado mixture on each slice of bread. Lay a thin layer of cucumber slices on six of the slices of bread. Close each sandwich and cut the sandwiches into fourths. Garnish with extra dill and mint and serve immediately.
Yields: 4-6 servings
Source: Post Punk Kitchen