I eat blueberries probably at some point every day. I normally eat them in my morning oatmeal at breakfast but they are also so good in baked goods. Somehow when blueberries mix with lemon it’s like magic in baking. Blueberries have been on sale quite a lot recently so they’ve been ending up in muffins, salads, granola, and now this loaf. I’ve been living off of Isa Chandra recipes lately and this one is definitely a keeper!
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 4″x8″ loaf pan.
2. Combine almond milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a large bowl. Mix in the oil, applesauce, and sugar. Stir in the vanilla.
3. Sift in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Fold in the blueberries and make sure all ingredients are combined.
4. Transfer the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes to an hour. Use the toothpick test to determine when it is done. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Source: Isa Does It by Isa Chandra Moskowitz