I moved into a new apartment this week. I’m much closer to a grocery store and I can easily walk to get to it. There are a lot of reasons why it’s convenient to have a grocery store nearby but access to ripe avocados might be the best reason. Avocados have such a short window of time when they are usable so it’s great to be able to grab one whenever I’m in the mood. Guacamole goes perfectly with this spinach bowl by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. I am still cooking my way through one of her cookbooks and this has been one of my favorite finds so far!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion sliced thin
- 3/4 tsp salt plus a pinch
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 8 ozs baby spinach (about 6 cups)
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1. Preheat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Saute the sliced onion for five minutes in the oil with a pinch of salt. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
3. Mix in the tomato, cumin, and remaining salt.
4. Add the white wine and change the heat to high until it boils. Reduce heat and simmer while tossing in spinach a handful at a time until all spinach has been cooked down.
5. Add the black beans and cook for an additional two minutes.
6. Serve over white rice and top with fresh guacamole.
Source: Isa Does It by Isa Chandra Moskowitz